Tags: Community Economic Development, Measurement, Systems Thinking, Tool Development, You Get What You Measure
Client Name: Yellow Wood Associates
Resource Type: Article
Author Org: Yellow Wood Associates
Author: Shanna Ratner
This CD Practice article describes You Get What You Measure®, a process that integrates participatory planning and systems thinking into the development of strategic measures so that communities can monitor progress toward community development goals. The article presents a discussion of determining goals, planning for measurement and translating plans into actions.
- National Good Food Network Webinar, "Want to Get Results? You Get What You Measure!"
- Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs, 25th Annual Rural Community and Economic Development Conference Sessions
- Measurement Workshop, Raleigh, NC, March 2014
- Measurement Workshop, Ithaca, NY, May 2014
- Measurement Workshop, Baltimore, MD, May 2014
- Measurement Workshop, Portland, Maine, November 2012
- Measurement Workshop, Montpelier, Vermont, April 2012
- Nonprofit and Community Measurement and Training Workshop, Rutland Vermont, December 2009
- Measurement Workshop, Washington DC, March 2010
- Measurement Workshop, Saratoga Springs, New York, October 2013